Wooden Pumpkin


Have you ever felt a complete lack of inspiration and ambition? That's how I have been feeling this week. I just have the hardest time motivating myself to get up and do everything that needs doing. So, all week I have been slowly working on this 2x4 wooden pumpkin. I got the idea for this pumpkin on Pinterest last fall, and finally got around to making it when I had a bunch of wood leftover from my two sided fall sign.

Here's What You Need:
4 2x4 Wooden Blocks- Mine are 7 inches long
Orange Paint
Black Stamp Pad
Green Ribbon


1. Sand, sand, sand! These blocks took a lot of sanding.


2. Paint the blocks orange. I wish my paint had been a redder orange, but this worked too.


3. I sanded the edges to make it look distressed. Then I patted my black stamp pad across the wood to help darken and age the bright orange.


4. Finally I stacked my blocks and tied the ribbon around them. This really was an easy project, and now my house looks a little more like fall.


2 comments:

  1. Adorable wood block pumpkin!! Great idea:)
    Thanks for linking up to the CHQ Blog Hop, best of luck in this week's giveaway!

    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pumpkin is super cute! I love how it turned out. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete