Contact Paper Apple Tree


With the start of preschool and Husband back to work (He works in education so he has the summers off. It's so nice!) I have been having a hard time fitting in Mommy and Me School. We still do activities and we play and go on outings, but it's hard to plan a specific activity and do all the things to make it blog worthy. I don't know how you working moms do it. I'm having to learn to let some things go and just do what I can do. With that said, here is our Mommy and Me School activity from yesterday.

Sweet Girl and I loved playing with the contact paper for our contact paper fall collage on Monday. I started thinking it would be fun if we could somehow make it into an apple tree. I have been wanting to start doing some apple activities to celebrate fall. I just wasn't sure how to make it work until I saw this cute pumpkin window cling from Kids Activity Blog.


To make my tree I cut out a treetop from green construction paper and then just cut out the center and replaced it with contact paper with the sticky side facing out. Then I taped on the trunk and stuck it on our back door. I cut apples out of green foam, I would have preferred red, but I had green on hand.


Sweet Girl loves apples. We talked about apples and pretended to eat them. We talked about green. I swear someday she will know her colors! We also counted them. When Sweet Girl counts she says "1,2,3,5,6." I don't know what happened to four, but we are working on it. 

Linking Up At:
Photobucket ICanTeachMyChild.com


6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. I think both my boys would love it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she consistently leaves out the four, lol. L can count to 25 but all the teens sound exactly the same. She goes "tvelve, teen-teen, teen-teen, teen-teen, teen-teen, teen-teen, aight-teen, teen-teen, twenty."


    I just got my contact paper yesterday and we'll be playing at sticking colors with ours! We're having an interesting time with colors as well. L refuses to recognize the color brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about what will be blog worthy with your little ones... I too don't know how other moms do it... that's why I just blog about the most random things LOL! But this is great... and the most important thing is, is that you two are bonding together :)

    you have a real cute blog and I'm your new follower :)

    Yours Truly,
    aubzie
    hope you can follow me at Aubzielation and Party Prints & Pieces

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contact is such a huge hit in our house. I loved this activity and included it in my round-up of apple themed activities for a review I wrote for the book, 'Apple': http://www.mylittlebookcase.com.au/books/book-review-and-reading-activities-apple-by-nikki-mcclure/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! I love it! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing last week on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! You are a featured favorite this week! Hope you can join us again this week! Have a great weekend!
    Mackenzie :)

    ReplyDelete