Marinated Grilled Shrimp


I love shrimp! We don't eat it very often because it is a little pricey, but every once in awhile we splurge. This time around it was in celebration of my birthday. On my actual birthday we stuffed ourselves with a humongous breakfast, and we couldn't eat for the rest of the day, so my birthday dinner was pushed until today. It was worth the wait! We got the recipe for this marinade from Husband's brother. I loved going there and having shrimp and salmon. They were kind enough to share their recipe with us when we moved away, and now I share it with you. Use it well.

Here is what you need:
1 C Olive Oil
1 T Parsley
3 T Lemon Juice
3 Cloves Minced Garlic
2 T Tomato Paste
2 t Oregano
1 t Salt
1 t Pepper
2 lb Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined

You need to marinade this for several hours. You could start it in the morning or even the night before. If you're in a pinch you can get away with a shorter marinade time, but it's better if you let it go longer.

1. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and let the shrimp marinade. 


2. When you are ready to grill, thread shrimp onto skewers.

 

3. Start grilling. (This is Husband's job.) We buy shrimp that is already fully cooked, so basically we are just heating it up and giving it that nice smoky flavor. It takes about 10-15 minutes depending on how you like it cooked.


We like to serve it over rice with some grilled salmon and these yummy grilled zucchini slices that were marinaded in Italian dressing. 


 Now this says Happy Birthday!


Linking Up At:
Photobucket Keeping It Simple


4 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love shrimp! I'm so glad you shared this at MTM! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually been craving shrimp lately, and this looks sooo good!! Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man, this looks so good! It's still morning but now I am craving shrimp! Pinning this recipe. Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty!

    ReplyDelete