Green Sensory Bin



Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator!

We are continuing our celebration of Mo Willem's fantastic book Hooray For Amanda and Her Alligator. Again, this is such a cute story, if you haven't read it you definitely should! Today we focused on the alligator. Because alligators are green we had an all green sensory bin. (I know the alligator in the story is kind of a bluish color, but we decided to go with a green alligator.)

For the bottom of the sensory bin I used colored rice. I mixed 2 cups of rice with 2 teaspoons vinegar and about 20 drops of green coloring in a ziploc bag.


Then I just searched through Sweet Girl's toys and gathered a few green items to add to the sensory bin. This was a fun activity for Sweet Girl. She scooped and raked and dug in the rice. She was so fascinated by the rice that at the very end she grabbed a handful and shoved it in her mouth. She quickly realized it didn't taste good and she let me scrape it all out of her mouth. That girl is quick!







9 comments:

  1. How cute! (I liked the thinking cap you did for this book too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensory bins are the best! I love how you were inspired by the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun. How was the mess factor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rice play and your green is just beautiful...i only do plain old boring rice lol!Love those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find yours. Our daughters are almost the same age so I can see I will be spending a lot of time here :)

    Candice
    candicecraves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I over think sensory bins. This is so simple yet so cool. Thanks for the post, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color sensory bin. I was thinking of doing something like that when my little guy gets a few months older. I will have to remember the colored ride thing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm stopping by from Momma Mar's Activity Corner - congrats on being featured! I love this idea - so fun! Your daughter is super cute, too!
    Happy Thursday!
    ang

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fun!! Great activities to go with the book. Thank you for sharing on Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete