Fall Platter Makeover


This fall serving platter used to be this Christmas platter. The transformation cost me $3.50.



This lovely Christmas platter was given to me a couple years ago. It has been sitting in my cupboard in the original box ever since. It's a nice platter, but it's just not my style. A few weeks ago I was cleaning out my cupboards and decided to put this in the box of things to get rid of. Then I cam across this Tray Makeover from Shabby Gals. Perfect timing. I decided to try to makeover my platter. Worst case scenario, it turned out really bad and I threw it away instead of donating it.

I bought some yellow spray paint from Walmart and started spraying. Looking back, it would have been a good idea to use primer, because it took a lot of coats to cover up that red trim. After it was painted I sprayed a matte finishing spray on it to prevent chipping. Then I added the vinyl letters that I cut out on my Cricut. I used leftover vinyl from another project. I am a big believer in saving your scraps!


It looked a little empty with just the word, so I added some leaves to make it look more like a fall platter. I'm excited to use this to serve up some delicious fall treats. Maybe some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

Linking Up At:
Gettin' Krafty With It Reasons To Skip The HouseworkLil\'Luna

9 comments:

  1. Can i come over for some fall treats? Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always welcome to come over for treats! If you guys come visit I'll make you any treat you want!

      Delete
  2. That is adorable! My kids would keep it empty all the time though! Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty With It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too cute!! You did a great job. Your newest follower from Gettin Krafty With It! :)

    Kathy @ http://lifeonlakeshoredrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Michelle,
    I just wanted to let you know I nominated your blog for the Leibster Award! Please stop by http://swtboutique.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-liebster-award_22.html and see!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about making the cookies and then taking the picture again? Yum!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that I'm following you! I got a platter for a wedding gift and I had no idea what to do with it:/ This is perfect! Thanks for the inspiration:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete