Oh Baby!

Well, it has been almost a month since my last post, and I suppose I owe you lovely readers an explanation, hopefully you haven't all given up on me entirely. Many of you already know and many of you have guessed that we are expecting baby #2! That's right, Sweet Girl is going to be a big sister. My desire to do anything blog worthy, let alone actually writing a blog post has been greatly diminished these past few weeks.

This pregnancy has been a lot harder than my first one. I have been a lot sicker and now I have Sweet Girl to take care of too. Luckily Husband has been a great help. He has never once complained when he has come home after a full day of work to find that my greatest accomplishment for the day was that I showered and put my hair in a ponytail. He has tackled piles of dishes, made dinner, entertained Sweet Girl and even gone grocery shopping (perhaps his least favorite thing in the entire world.)

I was very excited to find out we were expecting, and then I got sick and excitement was replaced with a lot of crying and and discouragement. Things have gotten a lot better thanks to some nausea medication, and learning to hold my breath while doing awful tasks like washing my face, brushing my teeth or walking past the produce section of the grocery store. I'm almost at the end of the first trimester and I'm really hoping to be able to get back to blogging more regularly in the next  few weeks. Please don't give up on me entirely.


11 comments:

  1. So sorry things have been so rough this first trimester. I hope things continue to get better so you can enjoy your pregnancy. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had the stomach flu this week and I've thought of you a lot and felt bad that you feel this way every day. It will be better soon and you'll have another cute baby to show for it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! How exciting for your little one to be a big sis! Hopefully you start feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely and absolutely can relate. I had a rough first trimester with baby #1, but an even worse time with baby #2 (lasting beyond first trimester) and of course having a very active toddler wanting to go-go-go increased the challenge. In those situations, supportive husbands make such a difference. I appreciated your positive comment on my #2 baby play post, so I thought I would circle back and share our latest baby play post - #4 in the series. http://jennifischer.blogspot.com/2012/11/simple-ideas-for-baby-play-at-home-4.html Hoping that your pregnancy gets easier as it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Michelle! I didn't know it was that bad! I'm so sorry! I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Michelle. And I hope you feel better soon. It's so hard to be sick and tired with a toddler running around. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm back for another comment ;)
    I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for a Liebster award
    Come check it out!
    http://sunshineandasummerbreeze.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Congratulations! I hope you are feeling better soon! Such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I too nominated you for the Liebster award. haha
    http://craftingwithmycub.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete