Miracle Worker Stain Remover

I am cursed. My curse involves semi new white shirts and chocolate ice cream. Almost every time I buy a new white shirt, I end up somewhere eating chocolate ice cream, and then somehow the ice cream ends up dripping onto my new white shirt. EVERYTIME! Perhaps you are thinking, "Michelle, why don't you wear a bib? Change out of your shirt? Or perhaps try to eat like a grown up and not spill all over yourself?" I don't know the answers to those questions. But at least when I spilled chocolate ice cream on my most recent white shirt, I wasn't that upset, because I have Miracle Worker Stain Remover.

You may have seen this on Pinterest, that's where I found it. This awesome stain remover originates from One Good Thing by Jillee. She used hers to get rid of yellow armpit stains. I have to say, I tried it on my armpit stains without much success. I am not disputing her claims that it worked for her, I'm only saying that I think I may have super powerful sweat that cannot be defeated.

I have, however, found a great amount of success with removing other stains. This stain remover works miracles on old baby poo and spit up stains. I had packed away a bunch of Sweet Girl's little baby clothes still covered in green and yellow stains, Sweet Girl was skilled in the art of blow outs and spit up. I almost threw them all away, but I couldn't bring myself to part with them.When I saw this recipe, I pulled them all back out and scrubbed them. I wish I had taken pictures of that because it was amazing. They were almost like new again.

So, try this out, experiment with different stains, and see what works for you.


Here are our stains, chocolate ice cream and strawberry jam.


Mix together 1 t Dawn (stick with the traditional blue Dawn), 4 T Hydrogen Peroxide, and 2 T Baking Soda. Mix it together.


Scoop a couple spoonfuls onto the stain and scrub with a scrub brush. The stain won't start to immediately disappear. Let it sit for an hour, then wash and dry like normal.

And Tah Dah!



The stains are gone. The stain remover has saved me a lot of money in being able to save clothes, that I otherwise wouldn't have worn again. I love it. Give it a try and tell me what you think.

P.S. I was really worried about pouring blue soap onto my white clothes, but I have never had a problem. Also, this does work on colored clothes just as well.




25 comments:

  1. I'll have to give this a try! I was just wrestling with a stain on a white shirt myself--I had to laugh when I read that you had the same predicament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! That is amazing. I'll will have to try that...always getting chocolate on something. lol. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Krafty Kat. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-7.html Hope to see you at the bash! Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit. I will definitely be linking up soon.

      Delete
  3. did you tried on "old" stains? I have a white dress that needs a miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. My first success was with a chocolate ice cream stain that had been there for well over a year. It had been through the washer and dryer several times already.

      Delete
    2. And good luck with your dress. Let me know if this helps. :)

      Delete
  4. WOW, this is great, thanks for sharing! Visiting from jugglingactmama.blogspot.com - found you on the Gettin’ Krafty With It link up – hope you’ll come visit me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. K, so I'm going to try this and pin it. I have a little bit of paint on one of my shirts that I want to get off. You think it'll work? Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about paint. That's pretty serious stuff. But it's worth a try. I'm curious how it turns out so let me know.

      Delete
  6. I have used all of these things to scrub before but never together! Can't wait to try it (won't have to wait long around here)! Thanks for linking up to the Gettin' Krafty party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I soooooooo need this. My 7 year old went through a short, but nonetheless frustrating phase where he purposely dribbled whatever he was drinking out of his mouth, down his chin, and onto his clothes. He did that with chocolate milk onto his favorite tie dye shirt. I've tried several things to get it out with no luck. Will for sure be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I will have to give this a try! My daughter always is getting food on the front of her clothes, and some of them are looking pretty sad. Pinning! :D
    ~Stephanie @ LadyWithTheRedRocker.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I just pinned it. I'd love to have you join my One Creative Weekend linky party on Friday at OneCreativeMommy.com .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got it sittin' on my one-year-old's clothes now, and I can already see the stains disappearing :) Thanks for such a great shar, no longer will I spend money on stain removers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! I tried this on my favorite sweater and it worked perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you tell me how to get an oil spot off ny favorite blue shirt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you tell me how to get an oil spot off ny favorite blue shirt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tips!

    Would love for you to link it up at my new Empty Your Archive link party which is a chance to dust off great posts from your archive - there is a focus this week on laundry - would really love to see you there, Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have to prepare the mixture each time I need to remove a stain, or can I make a big batch in a bottle for quick use?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm doing this now! I agree I big batch ready to go would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How about some comments on how it works ladies! I have been scrubbing for over an hour and it is working WONDERS! My 2 babies and my BIG baby (their father) stains almost ALL their clothes and go through a whole bottle of spray and wash in a week, so I'm loving this mix right about now! And did I mention how inexpensive it is to make! OMG how I love you ladies and of course Pintrest too! Thank you ALL and God bless you ALL and your families! Oh, one more thing... I suggest if your going to be doing a lot of this mix use some kind of protection on your hands because it WILL start to hurt your hands and dry them out really bad!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband handed me a red t-shirt with spots all over it. Made some up and smeared it all over the shirt and let it sit for an hour. They all came out. Somebody asked about making small batches or a large batch. I would think a small batch as needed. Doesn't the peroxide evaporate?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used this on my infants onesie. She had a diaper blowout that went all the way up the back by the time I got the onesie off of her. I washed and dried it before I realized I forgot to treat the stain. This recipe completely remove the stain!! Can't even tell it was there…

    ReplyDelete
  20. What about mustard or grease or puppy pee? Those are my stain and odor issues .Oh and dirty stained boys socks. No matter how many times I wash them, I cannot make them white.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I used your "miracle cleaner" a couple of months ago on....gosh I can't remember what, but it did indeed work a miracle! I DO remember thinking that at that time!!! So thank you! That was the good news.....I was so anxious to try it I didn't pin it at that time:( and I didn't write down the ratio needed of the Dawn to thew Hydrogen Peroxide ~oops! ...That's the bad news! Today I discovered a stain on a sheet~the notorious bad boy~Chocolate! I jumped on Pinterest and it didn't take me long to find you again~yeah!! More good news! I'm going to mix up a new batch right now and start scrubbing~I will let you know how it turns out and thank you again.....PS I have pinned it and it's in a file on my phone this time!!

    ReplyDelete