Ice Cream Pie

Ice cream and Oreos together in a pie. What more could anyone ask for? This pie is super easy and delicious, and I credit it for bringing my sister and her husband together. Who wouldn't want to marry someone who had an ice cream pie in their freezer?

Here is what you need:
1 Package Oreo cookies (I use the store brand and they work fine.)
1 Container Ice Cream (I made 2 pies, one with mint Oreo and one just plain Oreo.)
Cool Whip
3 T Butter


First, chop the cookies very finely. I used my food processor to break them down quickly. That food processor was such a good investment. Be sure to leave 4-5 cookies to go on top of the pie at the end.



While my back was turned grinding up the cookies, Sweet Girl, who was in her high chair helping me, reached over and stole a cookie. She is truly my daughter.


Back to the recipe. Melt the butter and mix it in with the cookies until they are combined.


Press the cookie mixture into a pan. I made one in a pie plate and one in an 8x8 cake pan. Place the crust in the freezer for a couple hours.

 

Pull the ice cream out of the freezer and let it soften. Once the ice cream has softened spread a nice thick layer over the crust. Don't worry how it looks, because it will be covered up. Put the pie back in the freezer until it rehardens. 



Top with cool whip and the remaining Oreos. I like to leave big chunks of cookies for the top. Place back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving.





Linking Up At:

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Haha! I just read this post. Thanks for making that pie all those years ago, and thank heavens Ammon married me and not you. Maybe I'll make him one for our anniversary that's coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ultimate treat, no one can resist it :) - Ask your sweet daughter

    ReplyDelete