Ribbon Jar Play

 

Sweet Girl's ribbon jar has become one of her favorite toys. I am so happy that she loves it, but it does make me wonder why I spend money buying her cute new toys, when all she really needs is an empty Mayonnaise jar with ribbon scraps.

The ribbon jar is great. I basically went through my stash of ribbon, which is always growing because I absolutely love ribbon, and I cut off pieces of varying lengths. I tried to get a variety of colors and textures. Then I put them in an empty, washed out, plastic mayonnaise jar.

Sweet Girl loves to pull the ribbons out and put them back in. She also puts them around her neck like a necklace. While she plays we talk about color, texture, how pretty her new necklaces are. It's fun. Plus she is developing those fine motor skills. The ribbon jar is a great because it fits in the diaper bag and has helped keep Sweet Girl entertained through church and other meetings.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! This is too funny because I recently posted about sensory bottles we made because my daughter doesn't play with her toys very much.. she'd rather have an empty bottle too! I will have to try this with the leftover ribbon. She'll love it. I'd love if you shared this at my Throwback Thursday link party. I hope to see you there! Thanks so much for sharing! :) http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-4/

    ReplyDelete