Spaghetti Noodle Motor Skills Play


A few months ago we emptied our big container of black pepper. I held on to the empty container because I knew someday I would think of something to do with it. Then one night I was trying to make dinner. Husband was still at work and Little Brother was demanding attention. I did a quick scan of my cupboards to see what I could find to entertain him while I finished dinner. I spotted that empty pepper container and some spaghetti noodles, and it reminded me of something I had seen on Pinterest. So I pulled out a few noodles and showed Little Brother how to drop them into the holes. He sat and played with them for a solid half hour while I finished dinner. It was awesome!! Plus it was a great way to develop his fine motor skills.

Sweet Girl got in on the fun by taking the extra noodles and using them to make letters. It's always nice to have a few minutes of peace to get some work done, and it's an added bonus when it something educational or creative.

0 comments:

Post a Comment