Apple Sensory Bin


I'm a little slow getting today's post up because I have been busy bottling apples. This is my first attempt at it. So far so good, except the smell of apples on my hands is a little overwhelming. It will be nice to have some yummy apples all winter long. I can already taste the apple crisp. Anyway, Sweet Girl and I have been fun playing with apples over the past couple weeks, and here is our concluding activity, the apple sensory bin! Probably not a big surprise since I obviously love and do a lot of sensory bins. There are just so many ways to do them, and they keep Sweet Girl entertained for awhile.

For our apple sensory bin I used black beans as apple seeds. I made apples out of sandpaper and bubble wrap, and threw in our felt apple bean bag and the pom poms from our other apple activities.  I wanted to have a lot of different textures for Sweet Girl to experience.


At first Sweet Girl just loved grabbing handfuls of the apple seeds and then letting them fall through her fingers. 


Later she started using a scoop. As she picked up the different apples we talked about their textures. We have had a lot of fun with apples, and now it's time to move on. I'm not quite sure where we are going next. Maybe pumpkins. Any suggestions?

Linking Up At:
We Made ThatTuesday Tots  

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I haven't done a sensory bin for my daughter yet, but I think it's about time! I hope she doesn't try to eat all the beans. I guess they're edible so it's ok right? I have a link party that starts tonight at 8pm. I would love for you to link up!

    ReplyDelete