Ocean Sensory Bin


I have seen lots of ideas for an ocean themed sensory bin, so I decided to give it a try. I have become a big believer in sensory bins. Sweet Girl loves them, and I love how they keep her interested for so long.


For our Ocean Sensory Bin I bought a bag of blue rocks from the dollar store. I also found ocean animal shaped sponges there. Then I pulled the leaves off of some fake flowers I have for a different project and stuck them in too, and of course a little water to top it all off.

Sweet Girl had so much fun with the rocks. We talked about their color and texture and experimented with the sounds they can make. We talked about the animals. her favorite part was squeezing the water out of them. We finally had to stop when she started sucking the water out and nearly bit the head off of the turtle.

This was not nearly as fancy as some of the ocean sensory bins I have seen on Pinterest, but I have found that Sweet Girl doesn't care how fancy things are. We just have fun exploring and playing together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment