Raking Leaves


Today was our first really cool day in months. As we were driving back from our errands this morning in the rain I was in the mood to celebrate fall. I just wanted to relax, watch a chick flick and craft. So while Sweet Girl napped I watched While You Were Sleeping and worked on my fall wreath, post coming soon. It was a lovely afternoon.


When Sweet Girl woke up the fall celebration continued with an activity inspired by the book Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Elhert. While she was sleeping I spread some fake fall leaves on the living room floor and set out a toy rake.


Together we played in the leaves, and raked them into a pile. Well, I raked them into a pile and Sweet Girl just raked them around in different directions. I couldn't quite convince her that they were leaves and not flowers. In the end she compromised by calling them fleaves.


We still have to wait a couple of months for the leaves here to start falling, but for now we can have fun playing with our own red and yellow leaves in our living room.

5 comments:

  1. this is such a cute activity and a great way to incorporate literacy! i'm taking part in a virtual book club and we're doing lois ehlert. we'll be having a link party for it on Monday. i'd love it if you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book for fall. I can't wait to check it out. I have a lot of trees in my yard. It would be fun to see how big of a pile they could make on their own. I am a new follower. Hope to see you at True Aim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea...we just got this book from the library and will have to use this activity. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine hours and hours of raking fun, off to go find my rake to add to our leaves! Thanks for sharing on our Virtual Book Club for Kids

    ReplyDelete