Apple Bean Bags


The start of preschool is just a couple weeks away, and I am busy trying to make sure everything is ready. Our first unit is all about apples, so I made these apple bean bags to go along with it. Sweet Girl has already tested them out so I know they are super fun. After I finished them she placed each apple into a separate tupperware container. Then she put them into a bowl and then back in the containers, then she moved the containers around. It all looked very methodical, but I was not following very well.

These bean bags are very simple to make even if you don't sew well, and they are perfect for fall which is creeping up on us very quickly.

Here is what you need:
Felt- I found sheets at Walmart for $.23 each
Matching Thread
Filler- I used some leftover popcorn kernels I had
Apple Template

1. I cut a 5 1/2 inch apple template on my cricut. I'm sure you could easily find a picture online that would work. Then I pinned and cut out my felt apples. In this picture the stem and leaf are still on. Before I cut out the felt I just clipped the stem and leaf off and cut the out in brown and green felt.


2. Pin two apple pieces together with the stem and leaf pinned at the top.


3. Sew around the edge. I back stitched over the leaf and stem to make sure they would stay in place. Leave an opening to pour in the filler.


 4. Add the filler until it is as full as you want, but don't overfill or you won't be able to sew up the opening. Stitch up the opening.  You can turn it inside out before this step to hid the edges, but I don't mind the edges showing. I did trim them a little to make sure both sides met up perfectly.


Let the playing begin!

Linking Up At:
For the Kids FridayOneCreativeMommy.comBecoming Marthathe Grant lifePhotobucket




9 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! Are you doing a homeschool preschool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm doing a very small preschool for a few neighborhood kids.

      Delete
  2. Super cute! Would love for you to share these at The Sunday Showcase tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these!! They'd be perfect for a little one heading to preschool or kindergarten :o)

    Thanks for linking up @ Keep Calm & Link Up! Can't wait to see what you come up with next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. If only I could sew! Found you via I Can Teach my Child and am happy to be a new follower. I'd love for you to share this on our upcoming Fall Bucket List Idea Share. Starts next Friday (8/31) and open all month for all things "Fall"...thought the apples fit in nicely with that theme.

    http://www.fullhands-fullhearts.com/2012/08/announcing-2012-fall-bucket-list-idea.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I love them!

    Thanks for linking up to the CHQ Blog Hop - see you again next Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these apple bean bags. Too cute!! Great for a Fall teaching unit. Thanks for stopping by. (Momma's Fun World)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how fun!! I love them. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Thanks so much for sharing these! Love them!

    ~Holli @ www.fullhands-fullhearts.com

    ReplyDelete