Fall Sensory Bin


 Our raking leaves activity yesterday based on the book Red Leaf Yellow Leaf by Lois Elhert was so much fun that I followed it up with another fall activity. I am just so excited about fall! I love the colors. I love the leaves. So I put them together in a fall sensory bin.


I used the popcorn kernels I saved from our popcorn sensory bin. I threw in some foam gourds I bought at the dollar store, and some fake leaves I had on hand. To top it off I threw in an orange spoon for stirring and an apple bean bag.


Sweet Girl stirred and scooped and poured popcorn kernels all afternoon. It was a little messy. Kernels went flying a few times.We talked about all the fall colors and the names of the items in the sensory bin. I still could not get her to say leaves. It kind of sounds like fleas when she says it.

Linking Up At:
For the Kids Fridayjdaniel4smom

5 comments:

  1. I have to do this for my kids! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book themed sensory bins. What a great idea to make one for Red Leaf Yellow Leaf! ~Bethany from No Twiddle Twaddle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sensory bin. What fun it would be to explore!

    Please think about linking this post to Read.Explore.Learn on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sensory bin! I'll be trying this one tomorrow, I never thought to put leaves in but I've got a ton of fake ones just sitting in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for linking up to our Virtual Book Club for Kids. I need to get a fall sensory box going this week! Hope you'll join us next month for Amy Rosenthal!

    ReplyDelete