Oven Baked Fried Chicken


I love to eat fried foods. They are delicious! I know they are really bad for you so I do draw the line at things like deep fried Twinkies. As much as I love to eat somewhat heavily fried foods, I do not like to make them. My house ends up stinking like oil for days. Plus I am trying to set a good example fore Sweet Girl about eating semi healthy meals. Please don't go back right now and start analyzing the nutrition facts of each recipe I have posted so far. Just know I am mostly trying. Anyway, this fried chicken recipe is wonderful because it tastes incredible and it is not fried at all. I found this in a cookbook that someone left in an apartment we moved into a few years ago. Finders Keepers! I used to make it a lot, but then I kind of forgot about it until last week. I'm so glad I found it again, because it was sooooo good! The original recipe comes from the Cooking With Flavor cookbook.

Here is what you need:

1/4 C Flour
1 1/2 t Seasoned Salt
1/2 t Oregano
1/4 t Black Pepper
1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (As you can see we use chicken breast tenders)
1/4 C Milk
1 T Butter, melted

1. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.


2.In a shallow bowl combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano. Pour the milk into another bowl. Moisten each piece of chicken in the milk and then coat it in the flour mixture. Place them in the baking dish and drizzle with the melted butter.

3. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Check to make sure chicken is cooked all the way through.


We served it with some acorn squash and husband's incredible mashed potatoes. He is so picky about his mashed potatoes that I just step aside and let him make them. This was a delicious meal, and pretty easy!

Linking Up At:
The Girl CreativeMakingPhotobucketPhotobucket Keeping It Simple OneCreativeMommy.com

4 comments:

  1. What a delicious looking alternative to frying!

    Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I make all my "fried" chicken in the oven. It's so easy, and much healthier. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good. I am always looking for healthy alternatives. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy. I love fried chicken, too, but it is so bad for you! I love this version. Thanks for joining the party at One Creative Weekend! I hope to see you back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete