Crouton Chicken


We always hear about quick and easy recipes for weeknight meals. Well I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like I need something even quicker and easier on weekend nights. The weekends just get so busy and then all of a sudden I realize we still need to eat dinner. This crouton chicken became my quick and easy weekend night dinner this weekend. I got this recipe from my friend Nicolette. I like this recipe for a few reasons. First, and most important, it tastes great! Second, it is so easy to put together. You literally can't mess it up. Third it's very inexpensive. It's one of those meals that I especially like to make at the end of the month when the grocery budget is almost gone so I don't have to go to the store.

Here is what you need: (I half this recipe for my family since it's just 2 adults and a toddler, but I'm giving you the full  amounts)
4-5 Chicken Breasts
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 C Water
Cheddar Cheese- Sliced or Shredded
1 Box Stuffing
1 Cube Butter, melted
Noodles, whatever kind you want cooked according to package directions.

1. Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch pan and cover with cheese.



2. Mix together soup and water and pour over chicken. Top with stuffing mix and pour melted butter on top.


3. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. If the top starts to look too dark cover it in tin foil and continue baking. I wish I had a picture of what it looks like all together at the end, but I have an intense fear of food poisoning, so the second I pulled it out of the oven I had to hurry and dig out a piece of chicken to make sure it was cooked all the way through, thus destroying the overall appearance.

4. Serve over noodles with a vegetable on the side.


Does it get any easier than that? I submit that it does not! We especially love the crunchy stuffing on top. Mmm mmm good.

Linking Up At:
You Are Talking Too Much
Photobucket Keeping It SimplePhotobucketChef In TrainingPhotobucketGettin' Krafty With It

6 comments:

  1. This sounds great! Going to pin it so I don't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...sounds great...i really get a little tired of cooking dinner by the weekends so this will be good to have as a fallback...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I'm pinning this. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! Pinning!
    Stopping by from Mealtime Monday! Would love to invite you to join in my link party - Mom's Test Meal Mondays - this week's theme is seafood recipes if you have any favorites to share!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like one of those meals that just makes you feel all warm & comfy inside! Will have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty!

    ReplyDelete