Burlap Fall Wreath


Even though the weather is still very summer like, I have been dying to put up my fall decorations. I love seeing all the fall crafts and activities on other blogs and Pinterest. So I decided it was time to make my fall wreath. I have been looking for inspiration for several weeks, and it finally struck when I saw this simple burlap wreath at Create Craft Love.

Here is what you need:
A wreath- I got this straw wreath at Walmart for $2.50.
Burlap cut into strips
Fall Leaves and Flowers
Twine
Paint
Ribbon
Hot Glue


1. I started with this straw wreath. It was very messy once I took the plastic off, so be prepared for that. I wrapped it in the burlap and hot glued the ends down.

 

2. I arranged and glued on the fall leaves and fall colored flowers.


3. Next came the bunting. I cut out the triangles and the letters on my cricut. I cut out burlap triangles and then used the letters as stencils.



4. I was planning on stopping here, but as Husband and I looked at it we agreed that it just felt like it was missing something. So I added this ribbon around it, and glued it under the leaves.



I love the way it turned out! I love how the burlap makes it feel very rustic, and I love the fall colors. The only problem is that it is too fat to fit in my wreath holder.


5 comments:

  1. That turned out so darling! I need to make a new fall wreath, thanks for getting me in the mood. Visiting from the Link up!
    XO,
    Whitney
    http://somethingbroughtyouhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - nice to see something made with more 'natural' materials - it's the perfect decoration for a halloween party - I'm a new follower; love you to come visit me sometime - we're celebrating classy craft like yours everyday! Linda. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking wreath! Love the wrapped burlap and the little pennant banner! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Gettin' Krafty last week! Can't wait to see what you've got this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this. Making a fall wreath is on my fall bucket list. I'll have to do this one. :)

    ReplyDelete