Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad


This pasta salad has become one of our favorite summer dishes. It is always nice to be able to make a meal without having to turn on the oven in the summer. I also love to throw in fresh tomatoes from the garden, sadly these are store bought because our cherry tomato plants are dead. :( This pasta salad is light and loaded with flavor. The chicken really makes it substantial enough to serve as the main dish for dinner. I got this recipe in a Kraft Foods magazine. When we first got married I didn't really know how to cook much, and Kraft was my go to site for dinner ideas. I have since branched out and taken on more challenging recipes, but we still have a few favorites from Kraft.

Here is what you need:

2 C Bow Tie pasta uncooked
2 C Broccoli florets- Because you cook it you can use either fresh or frozen
1-2 Chicken Breasts Cooked and cut into bite size pieces
1 C halved cherry tomatoes 
1/2 C Italian Dressing (I don't usually measure my dressing, I just pour it in until it looks like enough)
1/2 C Feta Cheese crumbles
1/4 C Grated Parmesan cheese

1. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Add the broccoli in for the last 3 minutes, then drain.

2. Toss chicken, tomatoes, dressing, and cheese crumbles in a large bowl. Add pasta mixture and mix lightly.

3. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate several hours until chilled.

Makes 4 Servings 

I like to serve this warm when we eat it for dinner and then leave it cold when I eat the leftovers the next day. So yummy on a busy summer night.

Linking Up At:
Photobucket
  Baked In The South

3 comments:

  1. This looks so great! I love almost any type of chicken and pasta combo! Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Original follower here, this looks delicious! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I could easily add the fake soy chicken and make this recipe vegetarian friendly. Yes, I'm one of those weird vegetarians. :) This looks wonderful and healthy!

    ReplyDelete