Burner Cover Cupcake Stand


I have been admiring various cupcake stands for a long time. I have read a ton of tutorials, and now I finally made one. We recently had my entire family over for breakfast. I made delicious quiche and muffins (recipes to come later), and I needed a fancy way to display the muffins. Okay, I didn't need it, but I have been wanting one and this was a good excuse.

Here is what you need:

3 Stove Burner Covers (You'll have to buy four and you can use all of them, but I just went with three.) I got these at the dollar store.
Candlesticks- Also from the dollar store.
Spray Paint
Mod Podge
Scrapbook Paper
Ribbon

I spent $4 to make this project. I only had to buy the burner covers and the candlesticks. The rest was stuff I already had at home.

1. Start by spray painting the burner covers and candlesticks. It was such a shame to paint over this happy chef, but he had to go.


2. Measure and cut out the circles of paper. I chose to use my burner covers with the edges pointing up . I thought it might help in keeping things from falling off, but you can do it the other way too. Spread a thin layer of mod podge glue, stick the paper circle on and smooth it out. Watch for a few minutes to smooth out any bubbles.


3. Spread another thin layer of glue on over the top of the paper to protect it. You can see the glue around the edge, but as long as it is a very thin layer it will dry clear.

 

4. I hot glued the candlesticks to the bottom of the burner covers. The entire thing is not glued together so I can take it apart and just use one or two layers if I want. I also tied a bow on each of the candlesticks to add a little pop of color. 


And then you have to fill it with food.

Linking Up At:
you are talking too much /> Keeping It SimplePhotobucket

Lil\'Luna

9 comments:

  1. Great idea! Found you from meet me monday, excited to see what else you are up to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also...just read more about you and thought I'd say I'm LDS also! Don't come across that often, so I thought I'd give you a virtual sister hug! :)

      Delete
  2. great idea! I have a slight obsession with cake stands, what a great affordable project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! The ribbon is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I haven't seen this before, it turned out so good and I love the colored paper! I'm a new follower from a blog hop, feel free to follow back! www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, Just wanted to pop over and say thank you for coming by and your sweet comment today :) Following you back and this is a super cute project!

    Hugs, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable!!! what a great, inexpensive idea :) Saw this at Make It Pretty Monday. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this project, super cute. Thanks for sharing. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect timing!! I need a cupcake stand for Paige's birthday party in a couple weeks and didn't want to pay what I was seeing them for. I am totally hitting the dollar store this week! I'll send you a photo of the finished product!

    ReplyDelete