Cake Mix Peach Cobbler

I've got to be honest, I do not like peach cobbler. I don't really like peaches, and I don't really like cooked peaches, but this peach cobbler makes me want to eat peaches, mostly so that I can get to the delicious cake topping. I got this recipe from Husband's brother. He and his wife are amazing cooks and used to make us the most delicious food before we moved away from them.

This recipe is very easy and oh so delicious. Here is what you need.

Ingredients:
1 Large Can of Peaches or 2 Small
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1/2 Cube Butter
1 Can Lemon Lime Soda
Cinnamon

1. Drain most of the liquid from the peaches and dump into an 8x8 pan. Try to even them out a little.

 

 2. Pour on the cake mix and smooth it out. If it's uneven it won't cook all the way through. Top with slices of butter and sprinkled cinnamon.

 

 3. Pour the entire can of soda on top. Pour slowly or it will overflow. Sometimes we don't get the entire can in, but it should be most of it.

 

 4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.

Doesn't this look delicious?!

5. Let it cool a bit so it doesn't destroy your mouth, and serve it with a scoop of ice cream. (This is a must!) We comfortably served 9 with this pan. You could do smaller scoops and serve a couple more.


When I eat this, I eat the peaches first to get them out of the way, and then savor the delicious cake crust.
I just love how simple this recipe is. There is almost no way to mess it up, so even if you don't cook, you could still make a yummy dessert.

Linking Up At:
I Heart Nap Time
Lil\'Luna


KitchenFun


5 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm with you on not being a big peach cobbler person and it's ALL about the crust, but lately (since I've been pregnant) I am OBSESSED with peach cobbler! Pinning this to try next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for sharing! We would love to have you link up some of your recipes over at our party!

    http://baked-inthesouth.blogspot.com/2012/07/made-it-by-monday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking up! hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Would love for you to share this at our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party...just posted it!
    http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/07/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much is 1/2 cubed butter?
    1/2 stick, or 1/2 cup ?

    ReplyDelete