Playing With Colored Pasta


The colored pasta has become a favorite of Sweet Girl's for Mommy and Me School, and I'll admit I like to play with it too. I just love the vibrant colors. Here is how I made it.


Ingredients:
Rubbing Alcohol
Food Coloring
Noodles

1. I wanted to use a variety of noodles and a variety of colors, so I poured some of each kind into a bowl and mixed them together. If you want only one color per type of noodle (i.e. all bow tie noodles are blue), you can skip this step.
2. Scoop noodles into Ziploc bags, one bag per color.
3. Pour in about 3-4 Tbsp of rubbing alcohol. You may need more depending on how many noodles you are coloring.
4. Add your food coloring. It takes a fair amount, but add in about 10 drops, mix it around and decide if you want to keep adding.
5. Let the bags sit for about an hour, occasionally moving them around to absorb the colors. You can let them soak longer if you want brighter colors.
6. Pour noodles out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and paper towels to dry. They will smell so it's best if they can sit outside. Once they are dry, you are ready to play.

When we play with our colored pasta, I just dump it all into a bowl and give Sweet Girl scooping tools like a spoon and a measuring cup. She pretty much ignores me the entire time and focuses on scooping the pasta from one container to another. 


This time she was working on scooping the pasta into the paper cup with the spoon. You can see that while her scooping skills are coming along, we still need to work on aiming.



Linking Up At:




Sweet Bella Roos

2 comments:

  1. We love colored pasta too! I have never thought to mix a bunch of different kinds! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter loves rainbow rice, so I'm going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete