Blond Brownies


I have a major sweet tooth. I love just about anything with chocolate in it. If there is no chocolate in a dessert, then I don't really see the point in eating it, but I do make an occasional exception. I've never been a really big cake person though. There are only a few cakes that I really like, I am more of a brownie girl. Growing up my mom made blond brownies a lot. They are basically chocolate chip cookie bars, and they are delicious.
This recipe is from my sister-in-law, Maree, and I have not had anything from Maree that didn't taste phenomenal.
By the way, this recipe makes enough to fill a 9x13 inch pan. In my pictures I was halving the recipe, because a whole pan of brownies sitting in my kitchen does not do good things for my post baby belly that's still hanging on.

Ingredients:
1 Cube + 3 T Margarine
2 C Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 C Flour
1 t Baking Powder
1 t Salt
1/4 t Baking Soda
Chocolate Chips

1. Melt the margarine and mix with the brown sugar. (Don't forget to weigh your brown sugar rather than scooping it. So much easier. 1 C = 7 oz.) Mix in the eggs and set the mixture aside.



2. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then add to the sugar mixture and mix until combined. Now you have a decision to make. The recipe calls for the chocolate chips to be sprinkled on top, which is how Husband likes it. I prefer them to be mixed in, and since I was making them, they got mixed in.


3. Spread the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.


Check them with a toothpick to see if they are done in the middle. Mine always need more than 20 minutes, and they are still deliciously gooey in the middle.


I had planned to take another picture of the brownie with a scoop of ice cream, but when it came down to it, I really just wanted to get eating. there was not time for pictures, and I stand by that decision.

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering...might have to whip me up a batch. :) Actually, today we're having cookie dough brownies at our house--I'll have to make you some when you come!

    ReplyDelete