Pom Poms


The fuzzy little pom pom balls are the best Mommy and Me School tool ever. We use them for a million different activities and Sweet Girl never seems to get tired of them. Plus they are super cheap. I had some leftover in from my teacher supplies, but I also bought another bag at the dollar store.

This week I pulled out a couple measuring cups and spoons and my muffin tin, don't judge me on how awful the muffin tin looks, and let Sweet Girl experiment with scooping the pom poms in and out of it. This activity is great for developing motor skills. We also talked about what colors they are, how they felt and how many pom poms there were. So, if you consider that I already had the muffin tin and the measuring cups, this activity cost me $1and I can use the pom poms for other things.

I also bought this ice cube tray at the dollar store for a similar activity. I colored little pieces of the blank mailing labels you can buy pretty much anywhere. When she's older Sweet Girl can practice matching the pom pom colors to the colors in the ice cube tray. This is also a good activity for one to one matching. For now she just puts them in however she wants, and when it's full we throw them in the air and watch the colors fall. I'll admit that's my favorite part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment