Cookie Sheet Family Home Evening Board



I am so excited to finally be able to share this project with you! It is one of those projects that I have spent a few minutes on here and there over the past few months. I had a really hard time figuring out exactly what I wanted the finished project to look like so there was a lot of starting and stopping and asking Husband's opinion and staring over again. Now it's finished and I am so excited.

 I have posted about a couple toddler family home evening ideas that we have done with Sweet Girl. The idea of the family home evening board is just to keep organized about whose turn it is to do each part. There are about a billion different ways to make one, but I liked this ideas because it was pretty easy and affordable and not too big. I wish I had more pictures to show my process, but there really wasn't much to take pictures of.

Here is what you need:
Cookie Sheet- Walmart (Isn't that where I get everything?) for $5
Vinyl- It doesn't take much. I used cream and red.
Chip Board
Stick on Magnet Tape
Scrapbook Paper to match your word color
Ribbon

1. I used my Cricut to cut out a whole bunch of test fonts, sizes and wording options before I finally settled on this. I think I used Doodletype for the cream colored words and Makin' the Grade for the names, and the house is actually a gingerbread house from Christmas Cheer.

2. I used some pieces of chip board I picked up at a craft warehouse sale and have been holding onto for the last 3 years. Glad I finally found a use for them. I stuck pieces of the magnet tape on back to hold them in place. This was my final layout before I started sticking things on. The nice thing was that the vinyl peeled off the cookie sheet really easily it I placed it wrong.


3. Before I stuck the names on I decided the chip board was too plain as a solid white, so I glued on pieces of dark grey scrapbook paper. It wasn't cardstock, but it was heavy paper.

4. Finally Husband helped me drill holes in the top and I threaded the ribbon through.


We still need to work on filling the blank rectangles, but that takes time. For now we just have to double up jobs. Sweet Girl is usually in charge of the treats, which means I make something and she passes them out. I really liked the Love at Home on the bottom. It is the title of an LDS hymn about how everything is more beautiful when there is love at home. So true.



2 comments: