Toddler Rhythmic Gymnastics-Hoop

 

I'll be honest, I am not a big watcher of rhythmic gymnastics, but I have watched it, and while trying to come up with toddler Olympic events I thought it would be fun. And it was a lot of fun. Sweet Girl was so excited to play with the hula hoop.


I turned on some music and she started dancing with her hoop. We talked about in and out as we jumped into and out of the hoop. We talked about up and down.


And at the end Sweet Girl bowed to the judges and waited on her score. It was a solid routine.


The best part of this activity was after we were done and I decided to show Sweet Girl how to actually use the hula hoop. I gave it a spin and started swinging my hips and Sweet Girl started laughing harder than I have ever heard her laugh before. It was so funny! She actually got tears in her eyes from laughing so hard. I don't know if she thought the motion was funny or if it was more that I couldn't actually keep the hula hoop going. Husband got a video of it, but you can see me hula hooping in it and I'm not about to put that up for the world to see. It was such a fun afternoon.

Linking Up At:
PhotobucketTuesday Tots  

6 comments:

  1. That makes me smile. Such a cute idea. I love her reaction to your hula-hooping as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big baby laughs are the best!
    Kelly at Little Wonders' Days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love how simple and fun this is! My 20 month old loves to dance and I just know she would have a blast with a hula hoop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to let you know, I'll be featuring you this week! Thanks again for sharing!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful play idea! Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase. :)

    ReplyDelete