Our True Identity

I love this clip. It is the story of the Ugly Duckling. I know in middle school and high school and even into college there were times when I felt like the ugly duckling. Who doesn't love acne, braces and glasses? I always felt super self conscious and was constantly comparing myself to people who I thought were more beautiful, smarter, funnier, or a million other things. I wish I could have focused more on who I really am, a daughter of God. I still see all of my flaws, but I have a better perspective of what is really important. I watch Sweet Girl and I feel sad to  know that someday she will probably go through that phase of thinking she is not as good others around her. I just hope I can fill her with the understanding of who she really is and what amazing potential she has to do good in the world.


0 comments:

Post a Comment