Inchworms

 

My inchworms are one of my favorite math tools left over from my teaching days. You can see that there is a little worm on top of a plastic block. Each block is an inch long. I used them in my classroom while teaching about measurement. You can find them on Amazon along with a cute measurement story. Sweet Girl and I were not using them to measure anything, but they are bright and colorful and fun to play with.


I simply opened the container and let Sweet Girl explore them. At first she pulled them out and then put them back in and then pulled them out and put them back.


We added to the fun by talking about their colors. I also hooked them together in long trains and let her pull them apart. Right now they are a little too hard for her to link together by herself, but she likes to pull them apart. It's almost a race to see how many I can link together before she starts pulling them apart.


Since the first day that we played with them, Sweet Girl has pulled them out of the cupboard several times to play with them again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment