Ocean Animals Beginning Sounds Clip Cards Printable

We have been working on our O is for Ocean unit in preschool. I made these clip cards to help Sweet Girl with her beginning sounds. She is so good at recognizing letters, and she even knows most of their sounds, but she struggles with attaching those sounds to words. We hear a lot of things like "Mmm, mmm, house. House starts with m." This activity was great for putting sounds and words together.

If you aren't familiar with clip cards here is the basic idea. Say the name of the picture and then isolate the beginning sound. Then find the letter that makes that sound and clip a clothes pin over it.

I am just experimenting with making some of my own preschool printables, and thought I would share them with you. All you need to do is click on the picture, print, and cut them out and you're ready to go. I printed them on cardstock and laminated them for durability, and because I just really like to laminate things.

2 comments:

  1. oh, that's a good idea, Ashlynn does the same thing with her beginning sounds, so this will be good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! This is perfect for my son and I'm planning on using it tomorrow. (I like laminating too and now I've got my kids wanting to laminate everything!)

    ReplyDelete