Playing With Buttons


My favorite memory of my grandma's house was playing with her button collection. She had a ton of buttons. My cousin and I would spend hours sorting them and admiring them. It may sound dumb, but it was so fun. A few years ago I started my own button collection. I saved all those extra buttons that come attached to shirts and sweaters. Now I have a little jam jar full.


For Mommy and Me School I pulled them out for Sweet Girl to explore. She wasn't really into sorting them. Mostly she wanted to dump them out and put them back in, which is great. As she picked them up we talked about big and small. I did make sure to keep a close watch that none of them ended up in her mouth or anywhere else.

Buttons are great for a lot of activities. With older kids you can practice colors and counting. they can sort them by number of holes, size, color, shape, etc. So simple, yet so fun.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Your little one is so adorable! Thanks for stopping by! Glad to have featured you this week! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete