Pipe Cleaner Colander Game


I was really excited about this activity. I've been seeing pictures of it all over Pinterest. I love the simplicity of it. I have a colander and a lot of pipe cleaners, so I didn't have to buy anything new. I showed Sweet Girl how to poke the pipe cleaners into the slits and then bend it to stick the other side in too. She was fascinated. The only problem was that when it was her turn to poke it through, she immediately pulled it back out. Her pattern was, push it through, clap for herself about a job well done, and then pull it back out.

After trying to teach her the "right" way to play, I finally gave up and just let her play.  Sometimes it's best to just let them play how they want to play. I learn so much at Mommy and Me School. I hope Sweet Girl learns something too.

2 comments:

  1. My twins still have great fun with this one...amazing how the simple things are often the best isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this activity. I love finding simple things like this.
    Oh, and I've learned over and over to just let them play how they want. Sometimes it's really hard to resist the urge to teach them the "right" way to play and now I have to remind my 4 year old that there is no right way to play when he gets bossy with his little sister.

    ReplyDelete