Beehive Book- Turtle In Paradise

Turtle In Paradise 

My latest read from the Utah Beehive Nominee Books was Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer L. Holm. Luckily I liked this book a lot better than I liked the Sherlock Holmes book. This book is definitely written for a younger audience. I think third grade and up could enjoy it. 

This story is set in the Florida Keys during the Great Depression. A young girl named Turtle has gone there to live with family members while her mother works. While Turtle is there she discovers things about her mother's past, and about where she came from. I really enjoyed watching Turtle learn about and connect with her mother's family and past. I was a little disappointed in the end. Although you can pretty much guess where things are going to go, I wish the author would have written just one more chapter to wrap it all up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment