Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have to admit I am so tired of seeing pins all over pinterest claiming to be the best chocolate chip cookies. They can't all be the best, especially because I actually have the best recipe right here in front of me. That's right, I hold in my hands the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies known to man. They are phenomenal. The original recipe comes from Our Best Bites. I have loved almost every single thing I have made using their recipes, but these cookies are, in my opinion, their masterpiece, and maybe also their pizza crust, but that's a post for a different day.
For the most part I like to stick to a recipe. I am not an amazing chef, but I can follow directions really well. The main thing I changed about this recipe was to half the amount of butter and margarine. I have found that by halving the butter I get  more of a puffy shaped cookie instead of a flat cookie. Growing up my mom always made very flat cookies, and while they tasted great and I love my mom, I always wanted the puffy cookies that my friend Cami made. So, half the butter if you want a puffy cookies. I can't tell a difference in taste, and in my mind, it makes eating these cookies almost as healthy as eating an apple.



Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C Butter (I used 1/4 C)
1/2 C Margarine (I used 1/4 C)
3/4 C White Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 t Vanilla
3 C Flour
3/4 t Salt
3/4 t Baking Soda
12 oz. Chocolate Chips (I usually half this too.)

Cream the butter, margarine, sugars, eggs and vanilla together. In another bowl mix together flour, salt and baking soda, then add to creamed ingredients. Mix together and add chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let them sit on the pan for just a minute or two after taking them out of the oven, then cool on a wire rack. I usually get about 3 dozen cookies out of this recipe.

*Side note- I have read on several blogs and heard from friends who are much better cooks than I am, that you should use a kitchen scale to measure your ingredients to get more accurate measurements. I'm a little lazy, so I don't often do this. But, I hate measuring our brown sugar and packing it into the cup. I just hate it. So when I am using brown sugar I pull out my kitchen scale, set my mixing bowl on top, tare off the weight of my mixing bowl and then just pour the brown sugar in straight from the bag. 1 Cup Brown Sugar = 7 oz. It is so much easier.




0 comments:

Post a Comment