Foam Play Makeup


Sweet Girl is the biggest girly girl, and I love it. She loves her babies, purses, necklaces, and makeup. She loves to watch me put my makeup on and is always whining for me to giver her some to put on too. I have seen lots of ideas for play makeup, but this play makeup tutorial from Playing House in Maryland is the BEST that I have seen.  As you can see in the pictures, it looks very real.

Here is what you need:
  • Empty makeup containers- I had just finished a compact of powder, which was very convenient. I got the eyeshadow and blush from the dollar store.
  • Colored sheets of foam- I got mine from Joanns for under $1 a sheet.
  • Hot glue

I started by scraping out the makeup from the cases. Since I only spent $1, I didn't feel too bad about just scraping it out and throwing it away.

Then I cut out the pieces of foam to fill in the holes. To get accurate measurements I pressed the foam down into the empty cases and it left an indentation of how big each space was. Then it's super easy to cut out each piece and glue in.


I also bought a little pack of brushes from the dollar store and sewed a little bag for her to keep it all in. I also threw in a necklace and ring to top off her fancy look. She has played with it so much. She is always carrying her little purse around. It has been so much fun. One of the funniest things is seeing people's reaction to her makeup. Because it looks so real there is always a moment of shock and concern for their nice clean carpet.

Linking Up At:








Keeping It Simple







The Taylor House

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute Idea! I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. And that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a wonderful idea for your little girl. They seem to always want to do what Mommy and Daddy are doing...this is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! I've seen one with pouring nail polish into make up containers, but I this idea is much more safe and kid-friendly! I'd love for you to share this at The Sunday Showcase! I'm pinning it now! http://www.theiowafarmerswife.com/2012/07/sunday-showcase-patriotic-posts.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I need that! My daughter would have a field day! Thanks for sharing. Newest follower from Keeping it Simple. Love for you to stop by and return the follow. I am hosting Mom's Monday MIngle now. Over 150 mom blogs so far. Love for you to join and meet some new friends.
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea!!! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a neat idea! How fun for your sweet little one. This is very creative and original. Thanks for linking up to The Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so stinking cute! I may borrow this idea for my girls. Found you through The Taylor House Linking Party. :)

    ReplyDelete