Homemade Play Dough

 
When I was little I remember loving when my mom made homemade play dough for us. It was way better then the stuff from the store because it was a lot softer and easier to work with. It was especially nice when it was fresh from the pan. Warm play dough is very soothing for some reason.

I found a great homemade play dough recipe from A Small Tribe. It looked identical to the one my mom made for me as a kid. The thing I love most about this recipe is that it is made from ingredients I in my kitchen. Even though play dough is not meant to be eaten, if Sweet Girl put some in her mouth, which she did, I didn't have to worry too much about what she might be putting in her body with that play dough.

I didn't even think to take pictures of me making the play dough, but here is the recipe. You can also click the link above to see her pictures.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 C Flour
1/3 C Salt
2 t Cream of Tartar
1 1/2 C Water
1 1/2 T Oil
Food Coloring- As much as you want to get your desired color.

Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the other ingredients and mix in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes until it makes a nice big glob. This recipe makes about a pound of play dough.

Now onto the playing. Sweet Girl loved experiencing the squishing sensation of play dough.For awhile we both just sat and squished and turned and rolled it. I added in some squishing sound effects that Sweet Girl tried to imitate.




Later we added in some toys. I grabbed a few buttons, some cut up pieces of straws, a comb, and an egg beater (not all at once though). We both had fun experimenting with the different designs we could make. Sweet Girl loves it when I roll little balls for her to squish. Husband even joined in the fun. Who doesn't love play dough?

0 comments:

Post a Comment