Graduation Hat Cookies

You're One Smart Cookie!

 I am so proud of my mom. After putting her education on hold to raise eight children, she finally graduated with her Associates degree. To celebrate her graduation I made her these cute little graduation cookies. I was inspired by an amazing room mother at my elementary school last year who made these graduation hats for her daughter's kindergarten class. They were super easy to make, and I was excited about how they turned out.

The most important part is the cookies base. These are the same cookies that I posted about yesterday from Our Best Bites. I let them cool for awhile to make sure that they wouldn't melt the chocolate hats.

To make the hat you need the following:
Square chocolates- As you can see I used Ghirardellis. I got them at Walmart for $3.38 for 10 squares. You don't have to use this brand. Anything square and flat would probably work.
Peanut Butter Cups- $2.88 at Walmart. You could use the store brand, but I don't think they taste as good.
Cookie Icing Pouch- I liked this because it came with the tip right on it. All I had to do was squish it around for a few seconds and it was good to go. $2.98 at Walmart. They had a bunch of colors so you can match the tassel to your school's colors.
M&Ms- I had a small fun size bag left over from Halloween.

First I stuck together the base of the hat with the top with a dab of the icing between them. I had put the chocolates in the fridge before hand so they wouldn't melt in my hands while I was putting them together. I also tried to handle them as little as possible.

Next I put another dot of icing on the top and stuck the M&M on. Then I just made a line down the side of the hat to make the tassel. I put the hats back into the fridge on a small cookies sheet to set up until we were ready to go deliver them.

Finally I squeezed a bit more frosting onto the bottom of the hat to attach it to the cookie.



And of course don't forget the card to go with it. Congratulations Mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment